By Saeed Ahmed for CNN
(CNN)-- There are 7 billion people in the world. And a full 22% of them -- 1.6 billion -- are fasting from sunup to sundown. Every day. For an entire month.
2. ... but try not to schedule a work lunch
3. You don't have to fast with us ...
4. ... but you can join us for Iftar
5. You don't have to know when it begins ...
6. ... but please be a little flexible
7. We'll still go for coffee with you ...
8. ... but we may keep our distance
9. You can say "Ramadan Mubarak"
10. ... but please don't say "I should fast too. I need to lose weight"
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Muslim World Today.