Tikka boti is an integral part of Pakistani traditional BBQ. You will find it in every city of Pakistan. If you decide to explore the street food or pick the most extravagant restaurant in the country - you will find tikka boti. Specifically, chicken tikka boti, and seekh kebabs. Traditionally, chicken tikka boti is slowly cooked over a charcoal metal grill, or seekh.
To experience the extravagant flavour-rich chicken tikka, which melts in your mouth, try this easy at home recipe:
- Chicken boneless - 2 lb
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp - Lemon juice/ vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Garam masala/ spice mix - 1 tsp
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken overnight.
- Put the chicken on skewers, brush it with oil or butter, and slow cook it in a flat pan or bake it for 20 minutes and broil for another 10 minutes.
- Flavourful chicken tikka is ready. Enjoy it with mint chutney and naan.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Muslim World Today.